Attention Parents in Any STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) Field!!
The Pointers Run STEAM team is looking for parent and community volunteers to develop and run activities for students on our STEAM Day, Friday, April 20th, 2018. STEAM Day is an all-day event during school hours in which students in every grade rotate through classrooms for hands-on STEAM lessons. If you are interested in using your expertise or know someone who is, please read the information below:
- STEAM lessons usually run about 40 minutes. Be prepared to repeat the same lesson anywhere from 3 to 5 times throughout the day as students from different homerooms rotate.
- STEAM lessons should be engaging to students, having a hands-on component, and connect to the real-world.
- You can choose to work in whichever grade you like, however requests are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested, sign up soon!
- There is a STEAM budget so you can be reimbursed up to a certain preapproved amount for any supplies you buy.
- If interested, please email the grade-level STEAM rep for the grade you are interested in working:
- RECC: Mona Weinberg
- Kindergarten: Laura Reiben
- First: Jen Cascio
- Second: Lisa Plotkin and Joe Knell
- Third: Ashleigh Cooney
- Fourth: Deb Hantman
- Fifth: Susan Firey
- General questions contact Jessica Brown
Friday, April 20, 2018 (All day)